Consider volunteering for the Museum.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Museum Explorers
- Assisting with the Museum Explorer’s program delivery in elementary schools.
- Assisting Museum staff with varied projects.
- Joining the Museum Board. The commitment to the Museum Board is:
- being an active member of the Museum (annually purchase an individual membership).
- Attend one regular meeting every second month (the fourth Tuesday).
- Attend additional meetings called by the Board Chair.
- Attend Museum events such as receptions and speaking engagements.
Members of the Board of Directors are expressly charged with having an in-depth knowledge of the contents of the Organizational and Policy & Procedures manuals. All objectives, decisions and actions of the Society must either reflect the policies, or result in revisions to the policies to allow for otherwise excluded concerns.
- Working with the Curator/Manager, Board members’ primary duties include:
- Determining the goals and objectives of the organization
- Volunteers on Stump Puller Project
- Assisting paid staff as required, but not interfering in the day-to-day operation of the Museum
- Developing the governing and operating policies of the organization
- Regularly reviewing the Museum goals, objectives and policies
- Regularly reviewing Museum by-laws, mission, objectives, and mandate
- Approving a budget that will allow the Board and its employees to meet the Museum’s goals and objectives (The Board of
- Directors will present the budget to the membership, the public and to public officials)
- Providing suitable facilities to enable the Museum to adequately serve the community
- Spending a minimum of one day each year on board development and using the skills gained to further the interests of the Museum
- Reporting to the membership at the Annual General Meeting and to the public on Museum activities and performance.