Closed: Community Art & Photography Exhibition
Name of Exhibition
Community Art & Photography Exhibition: Friday, August 20 to Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021
Visual Art and Photography (The Museum has frames to accommodate watercolours and photography prints. Inquire about available sizes).
There is no theme, though written statements are strongly encouraged to accompany the submitted pieces, in order to create an internal or external dialogue with the artist/photographer and viewers.
The Kitimat Museum & Archives is seeking visual artists and photographers, of all skill levels, to participate in the upcoming community exhibition. This exhibition is a great opportunity for visual artists to display their artwork in the Upstairs Gallery of the Museum.Important Dates
- The deadline for entries is Friday, August 6, 2021
- Artwork must be in the Museum by Tuesday, August 17, 2021, for installation.
- Exhibition Dates: Friday, August 20 to Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021
- Opening reception: None
- All entries have never been shown at the Kitimat Museum & Archives.
- All pieces must be original work by the artist and not by another artist.
- Work must be made within the last 3 years.
- Participating Artists will be required to become a member of the Kitimat Museum & Archives. For more information please go to the Museum Membership Page.
- Eligible media: painting, photography, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, sculpture, and ceramics.
- The Museum will accept the entry of three pieces per artist. If the response to the Call for Entry is greater than expected, only two pieces will be installed. Please indicate on the form which pieces you prefer to have entered.
- The Museum encourages an accompanying statement about the submission, but it is not mandatory.
- These pieces may be for sale if the artist wishes. If the piece is NFS, there must still be a value listed on the entry form for insurance purposes.
- The submitted pieces must follow the Kitimat Museum's hanging requirements.
Entry Form: Call for Entry Information and Registration Form [.pdf]