Call for Entry
Name of Exhibition
Community Art & Photography Exhibition 2022: September 9 to October 8, 2022
Visual Art and Photography (The Museum has frames to accommodate watercolours and photography prints. Inquire about available sizes).
There is no theme, but written statements are required to accompany the submitted pieces, in order to create an internal or external dialogue with the artist/photographer and viewers.
The Kitimat Museum & Archives is seeking visual artists and photographers, of all skill levels, to participate in the upcoming community exhibition. This exhibition is a great opportunity for visual artists to display their artwork in the Upstairs Gallery of the Museum.Important Dates
- The deadline for entries is Friday, August 26, 2022
- Artwork must be in the Museum by Monday, September 5, 2022, for installation.
- Exhibition Dates: Friday, September 9 to Saturday, October 9, 2022
- Opening reception: Friday, September 9, 2022, 7:30 pm, at the Kitimat Museum
- All entries have never been shown at the Kitimat Museum & Archives.
- All pieces must be original work by the artist and not by another artist.
- Work must be made within the last 3 years and not previously shown at the Museum.
- Participating Artists will be required to become a member of the Kitimat Museum & Archives. For more information please go to the Museum Membership Page.
- Eligible media: painting, photography, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, sculpture, and ceramics.
- The Museum will accept the entry of three pieces per artist. If the response to the Call for Entry is greater than expected, only two pieces will be installed. Please indicate on the form which pieces you prefer to have entered.
- The Museum encourages an accompanying statement about the submission, but it is not mandatory.
- These pieces may be for sale if the artist wishes. If the piece is NFS, there must still be a value listed on the entry form for insurance purposes.
- The submitted pieces must follow the Kitimat Museum's hanging requirements.
Entry Form: Information and Registration Form [.pdf]